After a long month of silence, we have finished the implementation of the text styles
. Ready internally since fall 2005, the text style proved a real challenge to make them easy to define and use in the GUI. We wanted both something rich (to benefit from our powerful text engine) yet not too different from what Microsoft Word users expect.
If you try out the 1.7.0 version
, you will notice that we have provided you with a few default styles:
The numbered styles cannot be edited (yet) as we are still working on the bullets and numbering
pannel. But you can already try them out if you want.
To change the level in a list, use the indentation buttons, found in the ribbon:
- Fixed the PDF Export engine. It did not work for cultures where the decimal separator was not a period (e.g. in France, where it is a comma).
- Fixed the undo/redo issues when objects have been exploded.
- Shadows are smoother when exported as bitmaps or PDF.
- The mouse coordinates are displayed properly when a grid is active.
- The text line snaps to the grid if it is active, when it is created by a single click.
- The minibar (the small palette which pops up automagically) won't show up if the mouse has been moved after a click.