November and December have been very busy months. Daniel and I are working very hard in order to release a new version of Creative Docs .NET before Christmas... 2005. Our main goal is to ship a stable, even if not fully finished, new text object (known as Text II
), since the one implemented in version 1.1 was really lame.
The new text object supports following properties:
- Font face and style, bold and italic inversions, absolute and relative font size, font glue, font color, kerning, ligatures, special glyphs, glyph substitutions, numerous spaces, etc.
- Underline, overline, strike out with position, width and color.
- Superscripts and subscripts, with relative size and offset.
- Alignment (left, right, center), justification & hyphenation.
- Leading (fixed or automatic) and grid fitted paragraph or line alignment.
- Spacing (space before paragraph, space after paragraph).
- Keeps (keep at least n lines together, keep with following or preceding paragraph)
- Start paragraph at new frame, new page, odd page, even page.
- Padding (left, right, indentation level).
- Rich tabs (left, right, centered, decimal point, etc.).
- Language (hyphenation only available in French for now).
However, you'll have to wait until 2006 to get your hands on text styles
and numbered lists
. Because of time constraints, we decided against trying to finish the user interface related to these features. But most of the low level code is already in place now; e.g. styles are used internally to represent local settings.